Table of contents
Kidude is a 12 meters traditional Dhow, designed for 16 divers. It was built with an emphasis on divers’ comfort, and has lots of extra space to move around. The boat is powered by 2 new, silent 90hp Suzuki motors, thus allowing us to get quickly to any dive spot in the area.
Kidude is a large boat, so it provides lots of safety and balance even in high seas. It has 70% shade area, however if you are here to enjoy the sun, it has a big tanning area at the front. In addition, there is a dry cabinet where you can store your bags. On Kidude, we do a back roll entry and there is a ladder to easily climb back to the boat.
Mazoweya is a 10 meters traditional Dhow designed for 12 divers. The boat hauls 2x 40hp motors. It has 70% shade, with a tanning area at the front. The boat has a dry area where you can keep your bags. On Mazoweya, we do a back roll entry, and there is a ladder to easily climb back to the boat.
Quality Dive Gear
Our dive gear is guaranteed to be better quality than your average dive shop gear. Our air supply is certified by Bauer as the highest quality pure air.
At Spanish Dancer Divers, we understand that the shape of a man’s body is different to a woman’s body. That is why we keep both men and women models, whether it’s a BCD, wetsuit or a mask. We maintain our dive gear on a regular basis.
- Steel Faber Euro Cylinder tanks 10L / 12L / 15L with adapters, so you can use both DIN & YOK connections. The tanks are short, so they won’t get in your way underwater. In addition, steel tanks has 2 kg of negative buoyancy, which means 2 kg less in your weight pockets.
- Tusa Liberator (men) BCD’s and Tusa Tina (woman) BCD’s. Very high quality and comfortable BCD’s. It has an integrated weight system, big zippered pockets and D-rings for all your diving accessories.
- Scuba Pro MK-2 regulators, including depth & pressure consoles, and lightweight second stages with super-comfort mouthpieces. Scuba Pro regulators are considered to be the best regulators worldwide.
- Mares Avanti SuperChannel open fin with dive boots. Undoubtedly, with these fins, you will move easily and effortlessly underwater.
- Reef masks in a wide variety, for a large, medium and small face, and all fitted with neoprene straps. So, if you still haven’t found a mask that perfectly fits your face, you’ll find it here.
- 5 mm / 3 mm Reef suits, both in men’s and women’s models are available in all sizes.
- Our two Bauer compressors are well maintained by an official Swiss Bauer technician. Our advanced filtering system guarantees pure air. That is why, we are certified as a Bauer pure air dive centers.
High Safety & Standards
Dive safety is our highest priority.
Our strict safety procedures, combined with Zanzibar’s friendly sea conditions, make diving in Zanzibar especially safe and easy.
- Our instructors strictly adhere to safety standards recommended by PADI and DAN, whether you are completing a certification course or going on a fun dive.
- We are partners of the nearest hyperbaric chamber in Stone Town, one hour away, which we also help to maintain.
- Life vests / Emergency Oxygen / First aid kits / Fire extinguishers / spare gear are on-board at all times. Most of our staff members are Emergency First Response certified.
- For extra safety, our boats haul 2 engines. Our captains have many years of experience sailing in Zanzibar waters, and in all sea conditions. Most our crew has experience in diving. They are always ready to jump in the water to give a hand if needed.
- Our instructors always carry a surface buoy, so the boat can see where you are underwater at all times. We only take small dive groups, so there is always someone watching over you underwater.
- We consult with Wind Guru / Windy / Zanzibar tide calendar every day before planning the dives. But also, we encourage our instructors and captains to make the final decision at the dive location.
Spanish Dancer Divers asks our customers to report any safety issues directly to the manager in charge. We do not tolerate divers with unsafe diving habits, we would advise them to dive somewhere else! We strongly encourage you, our customers, to help us keep it safe.