Diving in Zanzibar is good all year round, but sea conditions do vary from one season to another:
- October until mid December | March until mid May: This is normally the best seasons for diving in Zanzibar. During this time the wind completely stops and as a result the sea becomes perfectly calm and visibility is at its best.
- Christmas and January to mid February: During this period the wind blows form the north which can cause the sea to become choppy with bigger waves. Normally we send a boat out everyday but there is a small chance we will have to cancel if the sea conditions become too rough. We are limited to 4-6 dive sites due to lower visibility in the others, however, the sites we do dive are a selection of the best we have here in Zanzibar. We try to advise customers a few days in advance when bad weather is predicted.
- The rest of the year: During the rest of the year we have access to almost all the dive sites with good conditions, however, there is a slight chance of wind and small waves.
You can find a prediction of our weather and sea condition on WindGuru
- We prefer that you arrive a day earlier to register and get fitted with all your diving equipment.
- The following morning when you arrive at the dive center, your dive gear will be already waiting for you on-board. We offer coffee/tea and WiFi, while you wait for the rest of the divers to arrive.
- Our boats normally leave between 8:30-9:30, directly in-front of our dive center reception. But some days the times may vary due tides and currents.
- The average time to most dive sites is around 30 minutes by boat.
- Each dive trip includes two guided dives in two different spots.
- Between the dives, you will spend an hour surface interval on-board with snacks, fruits and water.
- We arrive back at the dive center around 13:30-14:30. Once back to the beach, our staff will off-load your gear and prepare it for the next day, meanwhile you can log your dives, use our fish guides/books and enjoy our free coffee/tea and WiFi.
- We offer night dives off the beach at 18:30
- You are also entitled to a free refresher courses, if needed, every day at 15:30. The course takes a little over one hour. In special cases we may be able to offer the refresher course in the mornings before the boats leave.
- Discover Scuba Diving courses (training) can be done any day at 15:30. The training takes an hour and a half and prepares you for your open water dives the next morning. Again In special cases we might be able to teach the course in the morning before leaving for the open water dives.
- We send out two boat most days.
- Usually our fast boat goes to Mnemba Atoll. Leaving at 8:30 and back at 13:30-14:00. In Mnemba we dive the sites of Kichuani, Wattabomi and sometimes Aquarium.
- Our second boat varies from one day to another . We choose the dive sites for this boat, one or two days ahead, depending on our customers preferences and sea conditions. The most common trips that we do on that boat are:
- We decide on the dive groups at the end of each day. We try to group divers together with other divers with a similar levels of experience.
- For certified divers, we have a Maximum limit of 6 divers per guide, however, the average is around 4 divers per guide.
- For all courses, our maximum limit is 4 students per instructor, however, the average is around 2 students per instructor.
- Our boats are spacious and we take no more than 15 divers on our big speedboat, Explorer and no more than 12 divers on our local Dhow boat, Mazoweya.
- We offer a free refresher course (if needed), to all our divers, at 15:30 every day. We offer the refresher for free to encourage participation by everybody that needs to familiarize themselves with their diving skills.
- This is conducted off the beach directly in front of the dive centre.
- Taking the refresher course builds your confidence and takes care of any minor issues you may have and allowing for safe comfortable dives the following day.
- This will maximize your diving experience as well as the diving experience of the other divers within your group.
- If it’s been a while since you last dived, we might suggest you to take the course. If it has been more than a year since you last dived and you are not a very experienced diver, we may insist that you take the course.
We have many divers coming to us from all over the Island. By contacting us in advance and letting us know where you are staying, we can send one of our taxi drivers making it easier for you. You are welcome to use this opportunity to visit Nungwi after your dives and get back to your hotel later for no extra charge.
If you are staying in Kendwa, we are located 5 minutes away. We can organize a free transport to get here for the dives and back to your hotel.
If you are staying in Matemwe, Pwani, Kiwengwa, you are 30-40 minutes away from our shop. We can organize transportation for you for $30 per car, per day. Our driver will pick you up at your hotel reception and return you back when you are ready
If you are staying in Pongwe, Uroa, Chwaka, you are 45-55 minutes away from our dive center. We are able to organize a taxi for you for $40 per car, per day. Our driver will pick you up at your hotel reception and return you back when you are ready.
If you are staying in Stone Town, we are one hour away. We do not offer transport from Stone Town Area.
If you stay in the South of Zanzibar: Page, Jambiani, Kizimkazi, we are located 1.5 to 2 hours away. We do get divers from this part of the Island but you should be advised of the long travel time to our dive center, which also means leaving your hotel as early as 6:30 am to get here on time. We do not offer transport from this part of the Island
- Firstly, please contact us with any queries you may have. Once you have decided to reserve, just let us know the dates that you wish to dive and we will add you to our booking list. Please notify us in advance if there is any changes or cancellations, so we can make the necessary adjustments to our dive plan.
- Please note that we do not require a deposit for diving reservations, but we do require confirmation before 14:00 the day before you start diving, in order to keep your space. Confirmation can be made by phone, e-mail or passing by our shop. Please note that we do not keep the spaces for customers that do not confirm in time.
We accept cash: US Dollars, Euros and Tanzanian Shilling. The exchange rate that we use is the official exchange rate on Google at the time of payment. We also accept all Card Payments but, banks all over Tanzania charges 5% extra for any Card payment. The payments for your dives can be done after you are done diving.