Become a PADI Divemaster with Spanish Dancer Divers. Be a part of our team for 3 month. Live with us, work with us and have fun with us. Divemaster internships run once in every 3 months. The spaces are limited and we only accept 2-3 candidates at a time. To apply you need to be a PADI Rescue Diver or have an equivalent certification and 40 logged dives.
Spanish Dancer Divers has a staff compound. It includes 6 private houses, a big communal garden, BBQ, 4 friendly dogs and 4 cats. Each house has a kitchen, shower and a toilet. You can rent one of these houses for $150 per month and stay with us in the compound. This price do not includes water and electricity.
You should be calculating and average living cost of about $500-$600 per month (rent included) here in Zanzibar. The course itself is free of charge in exchange for the 3 month working internship. But there are still a few costs you will need to pay. The Divemaster theory course online cost 190 euro. We recommend doing the theory on-line before arrival. That way you’ll save many hours of study while you are here. At the end of the course you will need to pay directly to PADI for your professional membership which cost $120 per year. There is a one-time $200 immigration visa for students in Zanzibar which covers the 3 months Internship.
Our staff members here at Spanish Dancer Divers are International and friendly. We meet every day at Mangi’s bar for sunset drinks and organize dinners and parties on a regular basis. As a team we work together and socialize together.
During the Internship you will be working 6 days a week. Starting at 7:30-8:30 until 18:00. As part of your duties you will: help customers prepare their gear, help load and unload the boats, help keep the dive centre clean and tidy and guide snorkelers. You will get to dive a lot and increase your experience. Our Divemaster trainees do an average of 60-100 dives during their Internship with us.
During the internship you will also need to complete the PADI Divemaster course requirements which include:
- Theory studies- DM Characteristics / DM Role / Risk Management / Dive Physics & Physiology and more.
- Mastering of the Open Water skills demonstration in a PADI Professional level.
- Help instructors teach PADI courses and guide dives.
- Learn to teach Divemaster conduct programs as Scuba review, Skin diving, Discover Scuba Diving and discover local diving.
- Stamina exercises including swimming, snorkelling, floating and more.
- Other skills as setting and managing dive site, mapping a dive site, dive briefing, search and recovery skills, rescue skills and deep diving skills.
- If you are a hard worker and manage to complete your Divemaster requests before the end of the 3 months Internship, you will have a chance of getting experience guiding divers underwater. Depending on the dive centre needs, in some cases we offer our favourite Divemaster trainees a paid job for a few months after completing the course.
Please make sure to apply a few months in advance. When applying please attached your CV, a photo and a short description of your diving experience and certifications.